Tuesday, December 23, 2008

cd now available!

So, as many of you know, I've been working on a debut CD for the last few years, and finally, after numerous delays, it is DONE and finally available!  It's composed entirely of original material, written and arranged by me and my co-conspirator on this project, Tom Eliosoff.  There's a fair amount of experimentation with colour and time, but all within a certain "modern jazz" framework.  I'd say that the clearest sources of musical inspiration would be Greg Osby, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Muhal Richard Abrams, and Henry Threadgill.



The album features myself and Tom, as well as Miles Perkin on bass and Mark "Bucky" Wheaton on drums, but I wrote some tunes and arrangements integrating a string trio on a number of tracks, and Tom added trumpet, trombone, and Rhodes to help fill out the group.  I could try to describe what the music sounds like but, as Frank Zappa famously said (according to legend anyway), "Writing about music is like dancing to architecture", so I'll invite you to check out the album on the website of my newly-founded record label and universal music/musician resource, Bagarap Records:
http://bagarap.com/records/



Let me know if you have any issues listening to the music through the player there.  Not much to see on that website at the moment aside from links to buy the CD and/or MP3s, but I'll be expanding it slowly over time.



If you like it and want to buy it, the best option is to catch me at a show or simply to let me know personally and I'll set aside a copy for you.  We can figure out a meeting time/place to deliver the CD.  This is the cheapest option for you, and the most profitable option for me, so it's the way I prefer to go, in general.  Assuming it's easy enough for me to arrange a delivery, the price is $15, when purchased this way.  You can also purchase the CD (or Digital Download it as DRM-free MP3s) from the Bagarap Records website.  The physical CD and MP3s are also available on CDBaby (
http://cdbaby.com/cd/vincentstephenong) and the Digital Download version will be available on a number of other popular sites (iTunes, Amazon, Napster, etc) shortly.

Check it out- I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment